Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hitting the road

I work in consulting, and I have to travel to work on the client's site generally Monday - Thursday.  I have been very lucky this last year and only traveled 8 week in 2010.  The travel is the biggest problem I have with this job.  I actually quit it already once, was local for 3+ year and then rejoined early last year. 

I do love my job.  I am constantly learning new things and no two days are ever the same.  I get bored easily, so this is a good fit for me. 

2011 doesn't look like it will be so lucky for me in the travel department, as I am heading out to a new project that is likely to run 6 months and potentially longer!  That is a lot of travel and a lot of time away from my family. 

I have a real hard time eating healthy while traveling.  I love love love eating out, and doing it on an expense account is kind of ridiculous.  Dieting at a restaurant just seems wrong to me.  During my last project I was able to eat several meals at Whole Foods or Starbucks, so hopefully I can work something like that out again.   

My plan for this week is to work my butt off so I start the project right.  I'd like to get some 10-20 minte yoga sessions in in the morning and the evenings, but I expect my free time to be extremely limited this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment