Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why Race to Fit?

First off why am I blogging? 

I am a planner.  I like to write lists, and enjoy even more crossing items off of lists.  I have been known to put items on lists that I have already completed just to be able to cross them off of the list.  Crazy I know. 

I like to plan out my weight loss, decide what I will eat and how much I will exercise and determine exactly how much I will lose each week.  I think I do this because it is much easier to plan on how to lose wieght than to actually lose weight.

I generally keep my plans to myself because when inevitably I don't live up to them, I am not embarassed.  I am keeping this blog to try and make myself more accountable.  Who knows if anyone will read it, but just knowing my thoughts are out in public should keep me more honest. 

I'm hoping to spend less time planning to lose weight and more time on exercising, finding interesting healthy recipes and activities and less time beating myself up for not losing X # of lbs in so many weeks.

Why Race to Fit?

I am competitive - just ask anyone who has ever played Monopoly with me.  Last year I started racing.  I ran a 5k, a 4miler and a half Marathon (well had to walk the last 3 miles of the half).  Racing was fun, it gave me a reason to get on the treadmill and run further and faster than I have EVER! 

For the past couple of years I have watched the Kono Ironman on TV and it is super inspiring.  I would love to be able to do something like that in my life.  Before I can do anything like that I need to lose a ton of weight and increase my fitness levels a bunch. 

So I am planning on using races to keep my fitness fun and challenging.  I want to keep breaking my own records and race my way to being fit!

Anyone in the Chicago area want to do a race together?

No comments:

Post a Comment